The Somatic Experiencing Association UK (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Somatic Experiencing Association UK of Leith Mansions, Grantully Road, London, W9 1LQ
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service as a member, search for a somatic experiencing practitioner in the directory on our site, search for information or services on our site, place an order for a membership on our site, use the “contact us” functionality on our site to ask us a question, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, professional qualifications if you are a somatic experiencing (SE) practitioner and you apply for membership through our site.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
· Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· if you have asked us a question using the “contact us” functionality on our site, to answer your question if we are able to do so;
· to include your details in the directory of SE practitioners on our site, if you are a member and have asked us to do this;
· if you apply for membership through our site and have provided us with details of your qualifications and insurance cover, to verify that information;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Selected third parties including:
· business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
· analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If The Somatic Experiencing Association UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.