Learn more about the pioneering SE approach and how it can help you
- Healing Trauma – A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of your Body 2005, by Dr Peter A. Levine – a valuable introduction to trauma, how it affects the body, and the type of body based work used in SE®
- Waking the Tiger 1997, by Dr Peter Levine – the quintessential SE® book
- In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness 2010, by Dr Peter A. Levine - enriched with a coherent theoretical framework and compelling case examples, the book elegantly blends the latest findings in biology, neuroscience and body-oriented psychotherapy to show that when we bring together animal instinct and reason, we can become more whole human beings.
- Trauma and Memory 2015, by Dr Peter A. Levine - this book is full of case histories and detailed accounts of how to put the principles of SE® into action not only with victims of traumas such as car accidents, but also with neonates, toddlers, school aged children, and combat soldiers. SE® is not primarily about "unlearning" conditioned responses to trauma by rehashing them, but about creating novel experiences that contradict overwhelming feelings of helplessness and replacing them with a sense of ownership of physical reactions and sensations.
- Trauma Proofing Your Kids: A Parents' Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience 2008, by Dr Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline - offers simple but powerful tools to keep children safe from danger and to help them “bounce back” after feeling scared and overwhelmed. It sends a lifeline to parents who wonder how they can help their worried and troubled children now.
- Trauma Through a Child's Eyes: Awakening the Ordinary Miracle of Healing 2007, by Dr Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline - an essential guide for recognising, preventing, and healing childhood trauma, from infancy through adolescence—what parents, educators, and health professionals can do.
Books by other experts in the SE® and trauma fields: